Friday, June 9, 2017

What were you FEELING?

More spewings from my spaghetti brain.  

You're welcome. 


Special thanks to @DesAhrens and her IG post regarding feelings which prompted me to not only respond to her post but also write this one. 


Whether someone can 'make you feel' a certain way: truthfully, I surmise Des and I are similar in our core belief that no one can 'make' (as in FORCE) anyone else to feel something.  

Why the need for a blog blab about this?  Well, because lately, thoughts-feelings-beliefs-actions have been surfacing in nearly ALL aspects of my life, and when that happens, its #timetopayattention.


Dr. Sood introduced me to a deeper concept of how our values impact our actions during the final session of TRANSFORM training.  Don't worry, friends and coaching clients: I had this concept understood at a fundamental level (i.e. get to the root or core is part of how we coaches, aka CHANGE AGENTS!, assist clients in behavior change).  The depth of concept was reintroduced at a time when I seem to be more prepared to comprehend for myself.  And, neato-frito, I've started to introduce though coaching and education. Yeehaw!


Here's what I am leaning toward: Our feelings are a byproduct of our thoughts (based on experiences) and core beliefs. Our experiences and sometimes our values are shaped without our conscious input...therefore, our feelings are not always "controllable", yet our behaviors or actions are managable. Thoughts?


(experiences) Core Beliefs/Values -> (experiences) Thoughts -> Feelings -> Decisions -> Actions -> Outcomes [consequences, results] 

More to come. And hopefully with some cool visuals.  Because, lets be honest, visuals help. 

Until then, #presspublish.

#feelings #changeagents #behaviorchange #takeresponsibility #advocacy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive